Tuesday, August 5, 2008

FAIZAL'S IDEAS..

It seems that everybody is having problems with their students. It's not that I don't have any problems but until now everything goes as I planned. Go into class and execute my lesson plan. I think the students like when we treat them like friends as long as we set the limits(and I have reminded my students the limits). But hey, a student will always be a student. There will be naughty students here and there but we still have to teach them. Yes, we can ignore them in order to teach them but how about those who are still stubborn? All those theories that we learnt in the university is, I think, hopeless. So we have to come up with our own (if not theory)way to overcome this problem. If we fight fire with fire, we will get bigger fire! I wonder how those teachers in the past tame their students and teach and educate them? The idea of snapping these 'hooligans' photo to scare them, I think (again), only works for the first and maybe for the second and third attemps. When we still use the same tricks over and over again, it will not working anymore! Even Shuba's students want her to put those videos in the Youtube! Actually what I'm trying to say here is, the simplest way to tackle this problem is go to the office then asks for the transfer's form and apply for Sekolah Pendidikan khas. There you will not face any hardcore students or hooligans again. You will get the peace'ness' that you all want. So how's that my friends? heheheh....

(Aliya: no way, bro. Pend Khas kids are not easy to handle either, as told to me by a friend who's a teacher there. Best solution? Hunt for premier schools with highly disciplined students- and be ready to face office politics & work pressure, hehehee.. The moral of the lesson is: You can't win all.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well friends..it's not easy to be in a premier school.as my school is one of the premier school in trg..there are a lot of work to do...hmmm...of course the students are good...u don't have much problem inteaching them..they can understand u easily...only u have to be very rajin among the premier teachers...there are always people from JPN or PPD who will come over to ur school and check all the filing system..u will always have to leave ur class and etc...discipline problem won't be too much..just a few simple matters...u hv to be strong enough to do all the work..and be very rajin...NANA

Unknown said...

sorry bro faizal...i dont quite agree with the idea of asking for the borang tukar n transferred to sekolah pendidikan khas...i had two papers for pendidikan khas in univ n had the opportunity to learn to teach the Pend.Khas students...n trust me, it was not an easy task...currently,there is the intergrasi class (for the pendidikan khas students),i dare not try to teach them for i m still not well equip with the "weapons" to teach them...what say u?

5zal said...

Heheheh...I'm suprise to see that my 'idea gila' received a lot of responses from you guys! heheh. What I'm trying to say is that there is no school with no discipinary problems. It's only provocative thoughts. yup, I do agree that there is no easy place for us teachers to teach. Even teaching pre-school will cause so much headache!. Khairul..thanks!

Anonymous said...

i have found the solutions to handle my students. Every day i enter class with a smile. Then, i teach as usual... blah...blah...blah... As usual, they are students talking la, no books la, missing in action la. I try to be kind to them. i only ask 3 times, no books or still talking, that's it. I dont care about them anymore. I only teach students who are willing to learn, and willing to listen. Every day i repeat the same routine. Slowly, there are some students started to listen...and just a few stubborn ones who still treat me like an invincible teacher. I don't shout, i don't scream, I don't show my angry face... all i do is just smile and talk nicely... So, by the end of the day, i still can maintain my blood pressure... and my hair...hehe
Faizal, you are right!there is no school with no disciplinary problems. We are not God or guardian angels. We just play our role as a teacher and not as an educator. Just teach not educate. Nana, your school so 'canggih' la... always have visitors... Your blood pressure sure higher than I...hehe

Anonymous said...

hi..frens...its me saras. he..he.. cant wait to see you'll next week. school life like everyone -terrible..... just cant wait to further studies and get out from secondary school. so guys count me in to do master...
im one of the discipline teacher in my school. so im able to see all type of naughty students in my school. students are realy really bad... its better to teach girls school. my convent students in penang were like angle but in here like devils no matter girls or boys...
anyway as everyone say..we have to be patient....