Monday, September 15, 2008

BOON YEW CONTINUES..

Boon Yew said...

My story cont...
This morning I naik berang in another class again :-)
It is 1E now.
An Indian boy, Shanmugam, who has got two elder brothers in school was beaten up by me.This boy is a total contrast from his two brothers.
I taught his eldest brother before I went for studies and now he is in Form4. His second brother is in my 2E class. Both these elder brothers are angels and reliable, though not the brightest in the las class. But Shanmugam, being in the last class did not make him an angel like his two brothers.
It happened that I went in for relief at 1230 just now. When I reached the class they were already rather restless and were talking loudly. I commanded those on duty to clean the class before school ended at 1310. This Shanmugam tried to be a hero by speaking for his fren that that fren had already swept the floor in the morning and told his fren to ignore my order. I kept pressing the other boy to sweep and ignored Shanmugam. The boy gave in and went to sweep. Then this Shanmugam continued muttering in Tamil and said to his fren that he was stupid to listen to "this pundek Chinese"!!! I understood what he said with my smattering Tamil. I confronted him in my meagre Tamil and gave him a stern warning not to continue his instigation.
He cooled down, for a while. Then busied myself with the boys who were sweeping the floor to waste my time away in the class. I didn't want to teach because they were too anxious to go home then.
Out of a sudden, I heard a chair being dragged and looked up to see that this 'angel' Shanmugam was ready to throw a chair at another fren!!! I shouted at him to stop. He stopped but only not to throw the chair; he chased his fren around the classroom. Again I told them to stop but he ignored my warning and continued as if I was not there.When he ran past me, I caught hold of his arm, but he twisted himself free from me. I then caught up with him and slapped my palm onto his back so hard that he stumbled two steps forward. He turn to face me his face as angry as a bull, with his nostrils all opened up and puffing away (he is actually an inch taller than I). I faced him and added another two slaps on his chest and that pushed him back a few steps. After that I ordered him to sit but he refused. He stood up against me. I so angry then that I put my fist up and told him that if he doesn't sit right then, I'll shatter his face. That got him very frighten. He was shivering by then.
I turned back and wrote the borang Demerit. After a few minutes, seeing that he had cooled down, I went to tell him that I hit him for the sake of his parents and his brothers. I slao said that he has shamed his whole family today. He turned his face away from me when I talked to him. I left him to himself.
After the bell rang, I told him to follow me to the staff room but he turned his back to me and walked off saying that he's father is already waiting. I went off the other way. No point chasing after him.Five minutes later this 'angel' came climbing into the staff room and looked for me and apologised. I don't know what got into him, but he just came back. He made a verbal promise that today will be the last time he misbehaves in school.
I don't know how true those words are but I will watch him carefully.
More later....

No comments: