Friday, September 5, 2008

THE ALMOST-STOLEN HANDPHONE

Meena reporting from home:
Hie everyone! What happened people? Where is everyone? Before convo was all the huha and noise making and now no more noise also...Anyway, wanted to share this experience with everyone...
On Wednesday, I nearly lost my hp in school... How it happened? I put my hp into my handbag and entered 1M, the last class... Since the class was noisy, without giving any instructions I started giving them some grammar exercises on the blackboard... And since I was facing my back at them, could not see what was happening behind my back... And since I did not give any instructions, the students knew I was angry because they were noisy, and quickly started copying the exercises into their text books quietly... Amidst all these one boy quickly opened my handbag and took out my hp... I always refer to the time in my hp as it follows my school time accurately... Then, I started to look for my hp in my handbag as I wanted to see the time...
What a shock! My hp is not there... Then I ask the class students, did anyone see my hp and they reply no... Ok, continue with your work and I'll be back... So, I quickly rush down to my table in the staff room just to make sure that I did not leave it there... And alas, it is not there either...
Helen who is sitting behind me asks me what are you searching for Meena... and I tell her "my hp is missinglah Helen and I remember damn well putting it into my handbag before entering 1M but where can it be now"
Helen then calls my hp just to make sure that it is nowhere at my table... It is ringing but no one is answering...
"It is ok Helen, I am going back to the class"
The moment I enter the class, the monitor comes rushing to me, "Teacher, your hp was in the dustbinlah"
HUH?! I was so shocked and was wondering who the hell could have done that... Like God sent, the discipline teacher Mr. Tan walks down the staircase near this class... I go out and call him, "Mr Tan can you please help me?" and I relate the whole scenerio to him...
"Don't worry Meena I will investigate ok"
So, I just left. Then, I saw the boys of 1M were called in groups by Mr Tan. After some time, I saw one 1M boy standing with his head down and one lady sitting across Mr Tan talking to him...Just before I went back at 6.05pm, I managed to catch Mr Tan and when I asked him, "was that the boy who took my hp?", he said "yes" and the boy has been suspended for 2 weeks... I was shocked again and kind of felt bad but I think Mr Tan did what was necessary as it should be a lesson for the rest of the students...
Well, that's my story... And I'm taking the trouble to share with all of you this story because Calvin, myself and another teacher Henry came up with a lot of moral values of the story, that day itself...
No. 1: never silence your hp even when you enter the class because if I had silenced my hp, then the students would have not heard it ringing when Helen called...
No. 2: teachers should not buy expensive hps (Henry's moral value)
No. 3: leave it with Calvin or Henry (Calvin and Henry's moral value)So, friends take which ever you want and keep it in mind everytime you enter classes for your lessons...
TC dudes! and don't keep silent ok...
CONTINUE WITH YOUR COMMENTSLAH!!!

(aliya: Fuhh!!! Glad that you got back your hp, Meena. Next time put your handbag on a chair beside the board for better safety.)

Faizal said...
Glad to hear that you get your handphone back. IF I'm in your shoes at that time, I would run amok in the class. I will use the best method that I learnt in the uni, lempanglogy ( we learnt that, don't we?, no ha?) heheh...Yeah, Calvin and his idea...of course la, he sells handphone! hahahah...really miss the day when we huha huha in and out the class. I'll email the photos later k. Its's really slow to upload in this lab. How's the rest pkpg's doing ha?P.S: Since I'm 'hibernating' or staying most of my time in the lab, if you guys have anything to ask about formatting, or about pc, let me know okay!

reggie said...
Hi!i was so busy after the convo and i guess i am still busy till now. I have to mark English trail exam papers (Form3).These 2 weeks we have cuti raya replacement. Then, exam after raya...Then, food fair, then i am 'Penyelaras Sijil Berhenti Sekolah and Sijil Kedatangan Penuh'... and i'm form teacher oso...Last Saturday i went to Gua Kandu and eco-farm with 33 science students (although i'm not a Science teacher). My cousin asked me to go so i went la. Very interesting, challenging and superb (I mean the cave). Dont compare with Mulu cave or other 'canggih-canggih caves' ok. heheMeena, your student really 'tabik' la... so daring!!! Mau kena pelempang la this student... teacher's handphone oso wanted to steal... dah la we still get half salary... gaji sikit...But my school almost the same... curi pens... sob...sek... coz i guess they dont have a chance to steal handphone. hehe...p/s Faizal, i cant imagine when u run amok... sure cute! hehe

3 comments:

nanafarhana said...

helllowww...thank god meena..u've got ur hp back..couldn't imagine to be in that situation...lucky me all my students are ok...

5zal said...

Glad to hear that you get your handphone back. IF I'm in your shoes at that time, I would run amok in the class. I will use the best method that I learnt in the uni, lempanglogy ( we learnt that, don't we?, no ha?) heheh...Yeah, Calvin and his idea...of course la, he sells handphone! hahahah...really miss the day when we huha huha in and out the class. I'll email the photos later k. Its's really slow to upload in this lab. How's the rest pkpg's doing ha?

P.S: Since I'm 'hibernating' or staying most of my time in the lab, if you guys have anything to ask about formatting, or about pc, let me know okay!

Anonymous said...

Hi!i was so busy after the convo and i guess i am still busy till now. I have to mark English trail exam papers (Form3).These 2 weeks we have cuti raya replacement. Then, exam after raya...Then, food fair, then i am 'Penyelaras Sijil Berhenti Sekolah and Sijil Kedatangan Penuh'... and i'm form teacher oso...
Last Saturday i went to Gua Kandu and eco-farm with 33 science students (although i'm not a Science teacher). My cousin asked me to go so i went la. Very interesting, challenging and superb (I mean the cave). Dont compare with Mulu cave or other 'canggih-canggih caves' ok. hehe
Meena, your student really 'tabik' la... so daring!!! Mau kena pelempang la this student... teacher's handphone oso wanted to steal... dah la we still get half salary... gaji sikit...But my school almost the same... curi pens... sob...sek... coz i guess they dont have a chance to steal handphone. hehe...
p/s Faizal, i cant imagine when u run amok... sure cute! hehe