Saturday, May 10, 2008

MESSAGE FROM BOON YEW

I copied this from the comment Boon Yew sent me :)

Ah Lew and Boon Yew have to change title liao. We felt that our title is not suitable for our classes.We were suppose to study on bad pronunciation of english in classroom in an intermediate class but now that both of us got super good classes, the title seemed a bit not too appropriate.So now we study into the use of crossword puzzle to enhance the learning of adjectives that will help student to write more creatively in creative writing.We have run the pre-test and going to run our post-test with remedy and then we're off to analyse our observations and generate reports for it.

On school, both of us have two super good classes each. I get Form4SA3 and 4SB1, while Shu Ren gets Form 4SA4 and 4SB3. These classes have students who speak good English and they read TheStar everyday, all of them. They come from different backgrounds. Some parents are super rich but some are hawkers and other ordinary wage eaners. But they have one thing in common, their children are in the same class, smart kids.So far, I've not been challenged intelligently by these super students yet. They are all too engrossed in and concentrating on their exam which starts on Tuesday. But after the term hoildays, both of us shall see some form of smart hostilities coming from them.

Hehehehehehe...Dr Tan has come to observed us both. Gave strong recommendations to us on our lesson plans :-D But generally, rather satisfied for the first observation. Oh, both of us will help one teacher to mark exam scipts later. She happens to be my ex-colleague when I was in Penang Free School.I never know that people will know me in that new environment. I was surprised when I found out that in fact, many English teachers in there actually know who I am!!!! Scary lar.... Oh, our senior, Teh, Ng Seng Huat's mate, is there with us. He's very supportive. Gave us guidance on many matters, especially on our action research. Thanks to him, really.I stop here now. I'll write when I have the time. Take care and enjoy yourselves. TATA!!!

Wahhhh, not fair, not fair!!! Both of you get two good classes to teach? Hey, somebody let the JPN Penang know that we've 2 super male teachers here, so they'd get the chance to serve where they're needed most - in B*l*k P*l*u, heheeheeee.... do update us about your research. It might be useful for us too :D.

1 comment:

Boon Yew said...

Mmmm... Mmmm... Well, this really can be an interesting debate that we can create here... I opine that super students need super teachers as importantly as weak students needing super teachers.

If these super students are left to mediocre teachers, I am sure their minds won't be challenged most of the time because the teachers will not be able to stir their minds or will be too afraid to live up to the loss of face when they can't cope with intelligent insults. That is also why we have super lecturers teaching us, a tough bunch of maha-si-tuas that really test their abilities.

Oh, how I miss being able to express loudly in the class...

But, I now put it to our readers if super students should not deserve super teachers?