Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back to School...2010!


Yea, yea, yea Boss! Anyway, since Form 1 and 4 have to learn new literature components, why don't we share what ever we have with others in this blog? I myself teaching Form 4 this year, and to be honest I'm afraid that I might lead my students to wrong interpretation ( but hey, they can interpret whatever they want right?That is the objective of literature so that they can learn something and enjoy the text the way the want it - right?) I've googled for so many hours to find anything that can assist my T&L, but there was nothing much on the net except I found one blog that touched one of the poems(In the midst of hardship by Latiff Mohidin) a bit.

SO, I think this is the time for us Tesolians to help each other by posting what ever we have in this beloved Blog!!! (hey you..switch on your lappie and start digging!!!!)

6 comments:

ALIYA said...

Welcome back, fairy godAmma,
Yup, teaching Form 4 will definitely be challenging this year. Unless I'm mistaken, the guideline received states that we have to teach poems and short stories in F4, then drama and a novel in F5. KPM has not decided on the titles of the novels yet.
I've got hold of 2 workbooks for F4 literature, one published by Pelangi and the other by Eastview. Good reference as we've yet to be called for courses.
Got them at Popular, hehehe.

5zal said...

So they've published the book huh? Good. Those books will become "pisang goreng panas" or hot seller this year, hhehehe!

.HujanRintik2 said...

hye there may i know how to contact the artis-marzuki ali? thank dear..

Anonymous said...

hi I'm siti, is there any yearly scheme of work form 1-5 among the members here to share.

5zal said...

I went for a KOMSAS course last Monday and we were told that only two poems, two short stories and a drama will be the text for form 4. Another two poems and a novel (which will be decided later) are the texts for Form 5. From my understanding, these texts will not be tested in the exam tis year. The students will learn literature for enjoyment sake! As an enrichment and a tool to strengthen students proficiency of English Language.All the participants were given a cd which consists a lot of suggested activities for T&L developed by cdd and JU's. Those who interested (tesolian group members) with the cd,can msg/ email me and I'll send it to you. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi,sorry,juz droppin by.I'm teachin Form1 & Form4 for my LM.New texts are great.Students could understand each poem very well,especially He Had Such Quiet Eyes!hehe..I juz show them a clip from 'ti[ah tertipu' scene & there u go-they got it already!
More to share,plz visit my blog-

http://teacheritadiary.blogspot.com/