Saturday, December 12, 2009

MELTA workshops for teachers on teaching the 2nd Cycle of Literary tex

Wawasan Open University (WOU) will hold one-day workshops for teachers on teaching the 2nd Cycle of Literary texts for KBSM English Language.
Details are as follows:Dates – 9 January 2010 (Form 1 texts)
16 January 2010 (Form 4 texts)Time: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Place – Wawasan Open University, Level 3, Menara PGRM, 8, Jalan Pudu Ulu, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur.
Fees - RM125 (includes morning refreshments only)
Workshop Leader: Assoc. Prof Dr. Malachi Edwin Vethamani, Dean, School of Education, Communications and Languages, Wawasan Open University.
MELTA members can register and make payment to MELTA.
For further details, please contact:Ms. Elizabeth ThorTel: 03-89441027 017-6047490 Fax: 03-89453137Email: melta@tm.net.my

Jeeez, wish I could attend although the fees are rather steep.
But as usual, it's in Kl, I'm in Penang, so nahhh.. just to inform you guys who might be available.
Me? I'd be teaching both Form 1 & Form 4, and until today, am still bluuurrrrr about how to teach this 2nd cycle of Literary texts. [sigh]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi aliya. Busy lately with my 2-year-old son, Irfan. I just came back from Sibu Island. Jadi ke reunion tu? suhana

Teacher Continuing Education Workshops said...

Thanks for sharing this Interesting article. I must say it is outstanding. I really enjoyed it. I would like to attend your workshop.

ALIYA said...

Su, I can't say for sure, coz this blog has been rather silent lately. Faizal is missing in action, I'm being monitored by doctors due to my high-risk pregnancy. Will announce once confirmed, ok. If not this year, perhaps next year.

ALIYA said...

Teacher Continuing Teaching Workshops, I'm not organising the workshop. I got the information from Malaysian English Language Teaching Associaton or MELTA. You'd have to log into the MELTA website for more details.

anne said...

hi i just msg dr edwin..he will be conducting a workshop in jb..so y not u ask for penang too..

nice walking into ur blog

am teslian also and teaching in jb

pkpg 03-07

ALIYA said...

anne,
Welcome here. We'll just have to make do with whatever resources we have till the CDs [will they give T&L CDs like ones provided for the old component]are sent to schools, I guess.