Wednesday, June 18, 2008

FIRST VISIT

"Saya cikgu baru," I introduced myself to the school guard who opened the gate with a questioning look on his face. His face suddenly lightened up with a smile.
"Encik, di mana pejabat?"
He pointed at the tall building. Ahhh, my school. Big and spacious. It's a new school. The cars parked outside the building indicated that there're about 50 teachers working there. I grabbed my file and walked towards the office.
I found my way easily, thanks to the clear signboard at the main entrance. A friendly lady greeted me outside the staffroom and showed me the office, which is located next to it.
The office is huge. I was asked to sit on the sofa while the friendly clerk took my letter to the Senior Assistant. The principal was away at a meeting.
Well, I had a long talk with the S.A.
I'm not the only teacher being transferred to the school (there are 3 more) so I'd have to wait until I officially report for duty on 1st July 2008, before I could know which class I'd be teaching, and my other duties in the school. I'm told that there'll be a big reshuffle of the school timetable.
It's a one-session school, so I'll have to get used to driving in the early hours of the morning along trunk roads. Aiyah, it'd be a different experience after 6 weeks of afternoon and evening rides over the Penang bridge, huhuhuu.
Of course, I asked to teach my favourite subjects and asked for my favourite Ko-K activity, giving all the reasons I could think of.
I've also met the school clerk, and got her explanations about transferring my personal documents from my former school to the new one.
Now all I have to do is wait for 1st July.
In the meantime, I'll be filling up the claim forms, heheheee :)

No comments: